Blog Single

18 Apr

How to Change Your Name on Your U.S. Passport

There are a lot of reasons you might need to change your name on your passport. Marriage, divorce, legal name change, and other reasons. It boils down to: you need to have a name on your passport that matches your state-issued I.D.

The good news is, the process is simple. Other than supplying proof of your name change, the rest of the process is identical to renewing your passport.

Gather the Documents
Get together the following items:

  • Complete and sign the application for passport renewal. (We can give you the link).
  • Submit 2-passport-type photographs
  • Authorization for Texas Tower to act on your behalf at the Passport Agency
  • Your current passport (Please note that your passport number will change. Your canceled passport will be returned to you).
  • Flight itinerary or company letter requesting rush service.
  • Texas Tower Passport & Visa order form
  • Original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order. No scans or photocopies will be accepted.

You can bring the documents in person to our office or send via Fed Ex, UPS or shipping service of your choice.

Get started here on our Passport Name Change page and if you have any questions, our staff is ready to assist you, just call 713-874-1420.

Related Posts