Curious about where to say goodbye to 2016 and celebrate 2017? There’s still time to get your travel plans arranged, get your passport if you need it and your travel visa.
1. Las Vegas – In the United States but don’t want to go to NYC? Las Vegas is a great place to ring in the New Year in the U.S.A. If attendance last year on the Strip and Fremont Street is an indication of what to expect this year, you will be partying with 300,000 others who want to bring in 2017 with a bang.
2. Bangkok – There will be parties held throughout, but the biggest New Year’s Eve party will be held at Central World shopping complex. Thousands are expected to attend.
3. Paris – The City of Lights is bringing in the New Year in grand fashion this year. Party it up at the Eiffel Tower or attend the festivities at Champs-Élysées.
4. Sydney – There will be a traditional light parade in Sydney Harbour, and more than one million people gathered last year – crowds of a similar size are expected this year.
5. London – London lights up on New Year’s Eve as fireworks shoot from rafts on the Thames and the foot of the London Eye. The best spots for watching are Victoria Embankment and the South Bank. Many viewpoints will require tickets, so call ahead to be sure.
6. Jost Van Dyke – Don’t want to bundle up for New Year’s? Visit the smallest of the British Virgin Islands. The party starts early on December 31st and continues for 2 full days of merriment.
7. Rio De Janeiro – Grab yourself a caipirinha and sink into the massive crowd of over 2 million partiers. This party rivals Carnival and happens en masse on Copacabana Beach.
8. St Francis Bay – In South Africa, one of the craziest parties takes place at The Ruins. A paid admission is required and it sells out fast. Definitely a party destination to put on your bucket list.
9. Vagator – Club 9 Bar Little Vagator located in gorgeous Goa, on the beach, this is a great place to bring in 2017.
10. Reykjavik – Iceland goes all out for New Years with an enormous fireworks display that shouldn’t be missed.
Bonus recommendation: Cuba is only 90 miles away from the coast and is a hot destination for U.S. travelers this year!