As Kenya continues to rebuild its tourism industry, safari companies are growing in number but not all will give you the best deal for your money spent. Here are eight good questions to ask to get the best safari experience.
- How many vehicles does your safari company own?
- What are the qualifications of your drivers?
- Which driver would be you assigning us and how much experience does this driver have?
- Do all your drivers and guides have at least (this is the minimum) a bronze award from the Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association? This can be verified here.
- Are you a member of KATO?
- Do you provide an itinerary? Is it timed by the hour or by the day?
- (For overnight stays on safari) What type of tent/room/banda will we be occupying?
- What meals will be served? Are the menus available?
Once you plan your safari, talk to us about expediting your travel visa to Kenya and renewing your passport if you need it.