Blog Single

29 Apr

How to Replace a Lost, Stolen, or Damaged India visa

Are you planning a trip to India this summer? While you may think you’re ready once you have your visa, it’s prudent to know what to do in the event something happens to it. Here’s what you can do if your India visa ends up lost, damaged, or stolen:

First, contact the Foreigner’s Regional Registration Office (FRRO) for an exit visa so you can legally leave the country. The visa replacement process takes 2-3 business days. Exit visas cannot be issued on weekends or Indian holidays. If your passport is missing, please contact your local US embassy for a replacement.

The FRRO is located behind a Hyatt Regency in New Delhi at:

Level 2, East Block 8
Sector 1, R.K. Puram
New Delhi

To call by phone, be sure to contact them at +91-11-2671-1348 / 1443. Their hours are from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with lunch at 1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. You also need to report your lost visa to the local Indian police and obtain a police report.

You will need to supply the following information to obtain and India exit visa:

  • Your name, date, birthplace, and nationality, as well as your address and phone number.
  • If possible, please provide a copy of your lost visa or the date and location of issuance.
  • If you can provide the context for the circumstances of the lost visa, please do so. The more information you can provide, the better equipped the local government will be to supply you with a visa and prevent potential fraud or identity theft.

Before you pack up for your trip, you’re going to need a valid US passport and your India visa. When you need them fast or without the hassle of going to the consulate yourself, we can help. Call the pros at Texas Tower Houston today at (713) 874-1420 and you can have your India visa in as little as 1 to 2 business days. Check out our India visa guide so you know what you need for your application.

Related Posts