Blog Single

31 May

Tips For International Driving: Europe, China, & India

Are you preparing to get an International Driver’s Permit (IDP) for your next trip abroad? When you need an international driver’s license fast, you can count on Texas Tower Houston to get you just that without having to make a trip to the consulate. If this is your first time driving abroad, you may be a little nervous about doing so. After all, some countries drive on the totally opposite side of the road. Here are some tips to help you in various countries when you go driving. Remember: in order to get an IDP, you’re going to need your US driver’s license, and you should have your US license with you while you are driving abroad.

If you are planning a trip to Europe, the following countries require an international drivers permit along with your US drivers license:

  • Austria
  • Bosnia-Herzegovina
  • Greece
  • Germany
  • Hungary
  • Poland
  • Italy
  • Slovenia
  • Spain

US drivers in China will need to have a temporary Chinese drivers license on hand instead of the IDP. Driving in China is, like the US, on the right side of the road, and US visitors will find many similarities to driving back home. Phone use is prohibited while operating a vehicle and seatbelts are required. Safety helmets are also required on vehicles such as motorcycles.

In India, driving can be difficult between the erratic quality of roads and crowded traffic that sports a variety of vehicles. In many major Indian cities, drivers are being issued new drivers licenses with 4KB memory chips that have driver information as well as a grading system for traffic offenses.

Whether you need a passport or visa expedited, or you want to get your international driver’s permit fast, Texas Tower Houston is ready to assist you at a moment’s notice. For more information on our services or to contact us about your individual needs, give us a call today at (713) 874-1420.

Related Posts